The Carlson Company had an existing project management application in Lotus Notes, and needed a way to capture and report on the hours used to complete their projects. Automation Centre delivered integration and development services to assist in the data sharing between their existing application and Time Tracker. The solution delivered by Automation Centre:
- Provided a Lotus Notes based time-card template for their IS group to capture project hours.
- Supported the ability to import existing project codes (billable and non-billable) into line items on the time card.
- Implemented an approval cycle that routed the time card from the employee to the supervisor and then to accounting.
- Generated billing slips that summarized project hours and related expenses, which could be forwarded to clients.
- Created report views to inform management of the current status and charges related to projects.
Managers at Carlson were impressed by the customization flexibility of Time Tracker. After a quick deployment and rapid adoption by employees, Time Tracker is now used across their IS department providing an extremely effective method for managing billable time.